Why You Should Call A Professional For Your Furnace Repair
Furnace breakdown is the last thing you want to experience during the frigid nights of the winter season. Heating systems are built to last, but it will begin to show signs of wear and tear as time passes. Problems are also likely to manifest prematurely if your heating system does not receive regular maintenance from a professional.
A few homeowners might think that furnace repair can be a do-it-yourself project. Some might also opt to call the neighborhood handyman instead. However, this can result in even more problems. This article will discuss why it is best to call a professional furnace repair company when furnace issues crop up and how it will help save more money in the long run.
When To Contact A Professional HVAC Company
We have listed some of the indications that your furnace needs to be inspected by a professional HVAC technician. They are as follows:
The most common cause of an overheating furnace is a clogged filter. As time passes, the air filter gets caked with dirt, dust, and indoor air particulates, among others. When this happens, the system strains to reach the set temperatures. However, the air does not flow properly and won’t cool the system as it should.
This can result in a damaged heat exchanger. This is one of the costliest parts of your furnace to repair. Therefore, make sure to clean or replace your furnace filter at least once a month to prevent overheating issues with your furnace.
HVAC Ductwork Damage
The ductwork is responsible for distributing air throughout your home. Cracks, holes, or gaps in the ducts can affect your furnace’s operational capabilities. After all, heated air can escape through these. Your furnace’s efficiency level will decrease, and you will feel temperature fluctuations around your home. If the damage to the ducts is more severe, then your furnace won’t be able to keep your home warm and comfortable at all.
A malfunctioning thermostat is one of the most usual indicators that there is something wrong with your furnace. If you are having heat issues, check your thermostat first. Make sure that it is set to “HEAT,” the fan is set to “AUTO” and that all other temperature settings are correct. Use a dry cloth or brush to remove any dust and dirt on your thermostat. If it is not appropriately maintained, older thermostats might not display accurate temperatures. You can also use a contact cleaner for electronics if there is any rust.
The thermostat is equipped with sensors that gauge the indoor temperature to help furnace operations. Any sources of heat near the thermostat can skew this up and affect your furnace performance. Therefore, make sure that there are no heat sources nearby. These include windows, stoves, and heat-generating appliances.
The most dangerous problem with having a gas-fired furnace is a gas leak. Some of the gases that can leak include methane and carbon monoxide. These can be toxic to you, your family, and your pets. Prolonged exposure can even cause death.
Not only that, but there is also an increased risk of fire, explosion, and electric shock. These dangers are some of the reasons why an inexperienced individual should never do furnace repair. Professionals have the proper training, knowledge, and experience to conduct proper checks and maintenance on all kinds of HVAC systems. Therefore, hiring a professional to take care of your furnace issues is always the safest option.
Benefits of Hiring A Professional HVAC Technician
We have listed a few of the advantages of having a professional HVAC contractor inspect and repair your faulty furnace:
- More Savings: A licensed professional can conduct all HVAC repairs and replacements correctly and safely. They will make sure that all components they will use match the make and model you have. If an untrained individual does the job, there is a high chance that your system might incur even more damages. You will end up having to pay more for repairs. Even worse, you might have to replace your system prematurely. Hiring a pro means you do not have to pay more as a result of poorly done repairs.
- Home Safety: The safety of your home should always be a priority. With a professional technician, you can rest assured that you are in good hands. They are trained to ensure that you and your family are not exposed to dangers like gas emissions and fire. If you encounter any furnace issues, call a professional technician immediately.
- Prompt Work: An experienced technician has a checklist for a proper furnace inspection. This allows them to find and resolve all problems quickly without compromising the result. This way, you do not have to experience any inconvenience because you have someone who knows how to do an accurate and timely job.
- Skilled & Knowledgeable Pro: A professional contractor has years of skills and experience under their belt. They had undergone specialized training to service and HVAC brand, make, and model you might have. These are needed to make sure that they conduct HVAC services safely and correctly.
- Better Warranties: Manufacturers typically stipulate that professional HVAC maintenance is required to keep the warranty intact. Therefore, hire a licensed HVAC technician to ensure that your warranty is not voided. Not only that, but a trustworthy HVAC company also provides you with a guarantee on all the work they do. This way, you are assured that your system will be back in tiptop shape in no time.
Having a malfunctioning furnace is already a hassle. Letting a person who has not received the specialized training to work on furnaces is only likely to add more inconvenience. When you call a reliable HVAC company, you prevent severe damage to your furnace and save more on repairs and replacement. They are equipped with the knowledge and skills to provide you with the best possible solutions to ensure that your home is ready for the cold weather.
Call Tower Energy For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
Tower Energy provides homeowners in Hartford County, Connecticut with high-quality heating and cooling services. We have professionally certified and licensed contractors who can conduct superior HVAC services, including furnace maintenance, boiler repairs, AC installations, and ductless system replacements, to name a few. All our friendly techs have extensive knowledge, skills, and experience to perform accurate and prompt services at all times.
Our company offers affordable heating and cooling service rates in the area. Furthermore, our tune-up services help improve your home comfort and energy efficiency while also reducing your home HVAC costs. Our techs can also recommend you with the best HVAC make and model within your budget should you need to replace your current system. All our works come with a guarantee. Schedule a service with one of our representatives today. Do not hesitate to call Tower Energy for a free, in-home estimate.
Contact us now or call us at (860) 677-7347 to find out more.