How Efficient Are Propane Furnaces?

Cut your heating costs without sacrificing comfort!

furnace efficiency waterbury If you are in need of replacing the heating system in your Central Connecticut home, it’s time to consider making the switch to a highly efficient and eco-friendly propane furnace. With its advanced technology, a propane furnace can provide superior warmth and comfort while reducing your carbon footprint. Not only will you enjoy reliable and consistent heat, but you’ll also benefit from potential energy savings and a reduced impact on the environment.

With the help of technological advancements, modern high-efficiency propane furnaces can achieve remarkable efficiency levels of 95% or even higher! This translates to exceptional performance and energy savings.

Propane furnaces offer an additional benefit: they generate warmer air in your home compared to electric heat pumps. This translates to energy savings, as the furnace operates with less effort and frequency to maintain a cozy home.

Propane furnaces boast an impressive average lifespan of up to 20 years, ensuring long-lasting performance and reliability.

Tower Energy’s team of skilled and knowledgeable service technicians will professionally handle your propane furnace installation, maintenance, and repairs. Our affordable service plans keep your propane furnace running at peak performance while helping to protect you from big repair bills.

Know your AFUE

AFUE, or Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, is a rating that measures the efficiency of your furnace’s propane consumption and heat production over a heating season. Think of it as the MPG rating for your car. This rating, usually found on the furnace’s faceplate, provides valuable insight into the furnace’s performance.

Here’s how AFUE works: Let’s say you’re in the market for a propane furnace. You come across one with an AFUE rating of 80. This means that, on average, 80% of the propane it consumes is converted into heat for your home. The remaining 20% is lost during the combustion and conversion process. As a result, for every dollar you spend on propane, 80 cents is dedicated to heating your home.

Here is a guide from the United States Department of Energy on common AFUE ratings for furnaces. The current minimum AFUE standard for new heating systems is 80.

Low efficiency: This is mostly seen in much older, outdated heating systems. The AFUE ratings fall between 56 and 70.

Medium efficiency: AFUE ratings are between 80 and 85. These are either new systems, or older systems less than 20 years old.

High efficiency: This is most commonly seen in furnaces that are new or less than 10 years old. AFUE ratings are between 90 and 98.5.

Propane offers efficiency all around your home

When you choose Tower Energy for reliable propane delivery and propane appliance services, you not only benefit from comfort, convenience, and peace of mind, but you also gain the assurance of uninterrupted energy supply, efficient appliance performance, and professional support from our experienced team. With our commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction, we strive to exceed your expectations and provide you with a seamless experience that enhances your everyday life. Trust Tower Energy to deliver exceptional service and meet all your propane needs.

Switching to propane for pool and spa heating, water heating, space heating, cooking, and more can lead to substantial energy cost savings. Not only that, but propane also offers superior performance. For instance, propane heaters can warm up your pool or hot tub much faster compared to electric heaters. Make the smart choice and experience the superior efficiency and comfort of propane!

Now is the time to upgrade the comfort in your home with a new propane furnace! Get in touch today with Tower Energy.